This guide is for unlocking the bootloader of Xiaomi devices. If you want to root your Xiaomi device or flash a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP recovery on your Xiaomi devices, then you must have to unlock your Xiaomi device’s bootloader.
Things to do before unlocking Bootloader
- In this process your device data will get vanish completely, so you should take a backup of Xiaomi device.
- Charge your phone battery to at least 50% or above.
- Your PC should have the internet access.
- Download Mi Unlock Tool.
- Take a deep breath and get ready to unlock your bootloader.
Steps to unlock bootloader of xiaomi devices
- Extract Mi Unlock Tool.
- Now open the extracted folder and double-click on MiUsbDriver and then turn on USB Debugging and OEM unlocking options of your Xiaomi device by this article and connect to your PC via a USB cable.
- It will prompt you with the message Connect your device again and after connecting your device it will automatically install all the necessary drivers to your PC and prompt you with message Installed drivers successfully.
- Power Off your device completely and long press Volume Down key and Power Button to enter into Fastboot Mode. Now connect your device to PC via a USB cable.
- Again open the folder where you’ve extracted Mi Unlock Tool and double-click on miflash_unlock. You will then see a disclaimer window, click on Agree to continue.
- Login to your Mi Account, if you don’t have Mi Account then create new Mi Account ( I prefer a number based Mi Account). After successfully login into your Mi Account, the validation process will automatically start on your Xiaomi phone and you will get a pop up that “you don’t have the permission to Unlock the device”.
- Now go to Mi Unlock page to get the unlocking permission and click on the Unlock Now tab and log in with your Mi Account. After successfully login fill all details and click on Apply Now tab. After applying for your device you will get a OTP ( One Time Password) on your registered mobile number and use this OTP to complete the process.
- Wait until your unlocking application gets approved, you will receive the OTP on your registered mobile number once it’s approved.
- After getting the Unlocking permission for your Mi Account, open Mi Unlocking Tool application on your desktop. Now you can easily unlock your Xiaomi device by proceeding the procedures.
- [Free] Get Direct Download Link of Any Movie
- How to record internal audio of Android (Rooted & Non-Rooted)
I hope you’ve liked this post and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to our blog and Now you can download our Official Android App. Thanks for reading this post… Good Bye!